The Plug is seeking a Director of Research passionate about technology, innovation, policy, and startups.
We’re looking for a proven leader to build out our pipeline of reporting, client research, and shape how we determine emerging trends relevant to the clients we serve.
This is your chance to join a new data-driven media startup with a focus on quality journalism, breaking down barriers and creating transparency through barriers, and building enterprise-friendly tools that push the innovation industry forward.
- Direct data-driven research, reports, and products that combine our proprietary data with outside resources to help analyze and identify trends shaping Black tech startups, ecosystems, and investments.
- Become an expert in how our research can integrate into our software platform to deliver insights and research to our clients.
- Build and manage a team of talented data analysts to develop forward-looking analyses and insights across relevant themes.
- Develop and execute on established product plans, and other deliverables including webinars, and reports.
- Provide technical support and guidance to data journalist team and fellows.
- Present findings to leadership and clients.
- Proven leader with demonstrated success working in and managing research and data computation.
- Strong writing skills with a background in market research, equity research, journalism, or tech adjacent industries.
- Writing experience a requirement – can be within the fields of market research, equity research, vertical journalism, or consulting in tech-related area.
- Demonstrated expertise in research within tech and related industries.
- 5+ years leading a team of analysts as well as developing research pipelines.
- Comfortable evaluating detailed financial metrics across private and public companies.
- Strong ability to synthesize data and establish predictive insights.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and partnerships with tact and confidentiality.
- Big-picture thinker while balancing the details, making recommendations, and thinking ahead for company needs.
- Comfort and authority in presenting to clients and business prospects.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills.
- Highly adept at MS Excel and GSuite applications.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to improve, enhance, or launch products and services across an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited college/university in related area and equivalent experience.
For consideration please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Plug is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.