The Plug is seeking freelance contributing writers and journalists to cover news, feature, and data stories on the Black innovation economy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of reporting experience with a variety of samples in short and long-form content
- A deep understanding of the tech industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of G-Suite, WordPress, ASANA, and other remote technical tools for team and project collaboration
- Pursuing or holds a bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or English
- Strong research skills and thorough knowledge of journalistic standards, ethics, and AP guidelines
- Be self-motivated with an ability to meet deadlines
- Contributes mid-to-long form articles, feature stories, data visualizations on trends shaping the Black innovation economy.
- Writers are responsible for independently researching and writing pieces aimed at an audience of venture capitalists, tech executives, policymakers, and foundation program officers.
- Stories must include interviews with subjects as well as credible secondary research sources and data.
- All work is done remotely and on your own schedule
- Emerging journalists passionate about Black culture, new technology, and trends
- Mature candidates with flexibility and great organizational skills
- A dope storyteller eager to bring fresh ideas to our growing digital newsroom
- A resourceful team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A patient and optimistic attitude, willing to grow and learn in a startup environment
To apply, please send your resume and up to 3 links to your published work to sherrell[at]tpinsights.com with the subject line: Contributing writer opportunity.