We’re the brains behind the viral datasheet tracking Tech Companies’ statements and commitments to racial justice. Since releasing it on May 30th, it has been viewed more than 20,000 times, shared over 5,000 times across social media, and featured in The Washington Post, Mashable, and other major publications and television networks.
As committed journalists, data enthusiasts, and activists for social justice and inclusion, we understand how powerful knowledge and information is to understanding and shaping a better and more just society.
We center and build research in this frame to enhance the business intelligence and reporting capabilities of our platform at tpinsights.com.
Our Spring Data Fellows Program
The Plug is looking for Research Fellows to help develop strategy and vision for research initiatives focused on Black innovation communities and technical talent. Fellows will receive mentorship, supervision, and support in cultivating data analysis and investigative skills, in addition to opportunities to write and contribute and publish stories via The Plug at tpinsights.com.
This opportunity will grant the fellows with the experience of leading projects from inception through completion – by identifying technology trends, research, reporting, data entry, analysis, and data visualization. Fellows will be paid an hourly stipend of $20 per hour and will be expected to dedicate 15-25 hours weekly over the course of the fellowship period.
- Background and/or interest in research/data analytics, business analytics, finance, venture capitalism and/or investments
- Experience in qualitative, quantitative research and statistical methods, including sampling, weighting, statistical testing on attribute and continuous data, and Design of Experiments.
- Experience collecting, interpreting and organizing data
- Ability to distill complex data into a streamlined, cohesive narrative for creative storytelling to bring insights to life.
- Ability to prepare data framework development and extensive reports (case studies, white papers, etc.)
- Interest in the technology sector is a plus
Submit your application to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- A sample of a data analysis report or written case study
- A brief statement of why you’re interested in this fellowship
- and what you’d like to accomplish during your time with The Plug
Who We Are
The Plug is a digital news and insights platform covering the Black innovation economy. We launched in 2016 as a daily tech newsletter and have been mapping the trends of Black-led startups, ecosystems, technologies, training, and research as part of our journalism.
Our work has been featured in VICE, The Washington Post, Mashable, The Information, Black Enterprise, and more.
Questions? Reach our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.